Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Trip Out To Madaket

I took a trip out to the Madaket waterfront this morning. Here's a few pictures I took-





Then I made my way out to Folgers Marsh and grabbed a shot of this male Hooded Merganser with his hood up-


And finally out to a frozen Sesachacha Pond. Notice the old gunning camp on the shore in the background-


Another day off for the bay scallopers. Hopefully they will be able to get out fishing tomorrow or else they will go stir crazy. The Ruthie B is still tied to the dock. I was thinking she would have made a trip today seeing that the wind laid down a little overnight.

Looks like we are scheduled to receive our first snowfall of the winter tomorrow. Should make for some interesting waterfront pictures.

I saw an Old Squaw (duck) in the Boat Basin this morning. I have never seen one in there before.

Today's High & Low Temps.
High 32.7
Low 18.7

That is all for today.

No comments: