Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Commercial Scallop Season 2011. Day 2.

The commercial bay scallop season is progressing nicely. There is still a fair amount of scallops to be had but no eelgrass. We'll see how long the season lasts without any grass. In any event, I took some time out while I was fishing early this morning to grab a few shots.




My first tow.
My first tow of the morning. Scallops everywhere!
Bernie.
My boat.
Bernie.
Bernie.
Jamie Marks.
Jamie Marks.
Jamie Marks.
Lionel & Penny Starr.
Lionel & Penny Starr.



Lionel & Penny Starr.

BUCK OF THE WEEK:
I left the cam at the same spot where I got pictures of the big 8. Another 8 point buck came later in the week. His rack is narrower than the first 8 and his brows are a little bigger, especially his right one. Look at the neck on this old bruiser!


4 comments:

Barbarella said...

" M O N K E Y D U N K !!!!! "
There, I said it.

Sharon said...

Hi Martie, very cool to see that the scallop season is going well. I really like seeing all the different boats.

Sharon

Richard said...

One good thing about the lack of eelgrass-often there will be a good set of quahogs in a few years.No grass allows the quahog spat to "dig in" as soon as the tide slacks and the spat settles to the bottom.The old timers witnessed this often.

Martie said...

Thanks, Sharon. It's going pretty well so far but I can see the end is near very soon without the grass this year.