Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2007

Nice Morning/Tons of Scallops

'Nother nice morning to be out on the water. The storm we had over the weekend removed the eelgrass exposing tons and tons and tons of scallops on the harbor floor. I got my five bushel limit in an hour and a half. I saw several guys heading in with their limits at 7:30 after starting at the legal time of 6:30 am. I've never seen so many scallops in my life as this year. Everywhere you drop a dredge, it comes up full of scallops. Here are some scenes from today.

Heading out in the pre-dawn hour-


Passing by the Miss China-


Sunrise-


Scallops, scallops and more scallops-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing cover shot Martie!
Glad you're having a good time out there.
Jo

Martie said...

Thank You, Jo. Most of Nantucket never get to see the sunrise. I get a front row seat every day.