Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2007

8/12/2007

A fine late summer day to be out on the water today. Here are a few pictures I took while I was out and about on the water today.

The Nantucket Lightship anchored off First Point-


The Town Clock framed in the rigging of the Lightship-


Roger Penske's 150' yacht, Detroit Eagle med-moored at the east face of Straight Wharf-


Captain Tobey Leske and his son invited me for a ride on their cat on Saturday. Thanks, Tobey!


Two old Nantucketers and their dog fishing at the cormorant rookery-


Cormorants and terns on the rocks of the jetties-




The M/V Eagle headed out-


While cruising through the anchorage, I spied this beautiful Holland 38. I had a nice chat with her owner. I asked him if she ever lobstered. He said she never lobstered but she did win a few lobster boat races in Maine. He told me he lived here for 30 years and for 28 of those years he ran a sailboat charter business. He now lives in Camden Maine.


And finally, I got a kick out of this. The fake crow and owl (circled in red), are meant to scare the gull (red arrow pointing to it), sitting on the piling. Maybe a rubber snake on the dock would have scared the gull away.

No comments: