Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2008

Seals And Other Stuff

I went for a seal cruise in my boat the other day. I went out the main channel along the rocks at the jetties. I was surprised to see only two seals! Usually when I go out there, I see hundreds of seals lounging all over the rocks and swimming around in the water. I wonder where they all are? Are they breeding?

Click on any picture for a closer look.

Here's a huge Horsehead 
Seal steaming past my boat-


This was the only seal I spotted on the rocks-


Upon closer inspection, I learned the poor little bugger had only one eye-


Several Cormorants roosting on the green light oblivious to the blaring fog horn-


A lot of birds were feeding in amongst the rocks including this Ruddy Turnstone-


Nice day today. It felt like Spring as the temperature made it to above 50 degrees. I'm getting tired of this balmy winter. I wish it would snow a few times. At any rate, these scallopers were enjoying the nice warm day today.

Jan and Lee-


Marina-


The Althea K rounding Brant Point in the fading afternoon daylight-


The end of a beautiful winter day-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know he wasn't just winking at you?

Martie said...

His eye was all scarred over.