Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2007

F/V Hannibul


I was out at Madaket yesterday afternoon and caught up with Dan Pronk, owner of the Hannibul. The Hannibul is a 26' Seaway powered by a Yamaha 225 horsepower four stroke engine. Dan located the boat through a commercial fisheries newspaper. A lot of other guys from here had their eye on the boat before Dan bought her. Dan is involved in a multitude of fisheries around Nantucket. Lobster, Black Sea Bass, Scup, Cod, Bay Scallops and Tuna. You name it and Dan will target it. Dan bay scallops out of a 22' Sisu boat. Here's a shot of that boat I grabbed two years ago-

Here are a few more shots of Dan and the Hannibul-



Click on any picture to enlarge.

While I was out at Madaket yesterday, I noticed a lot of boats going in and out of the new opening. Here's the charter boat, Priscilla J, heading out through the opening-


And here is a swan with her three cygnets I saw at First Bridge, Madaket today-



Never a dull moment around the waterfront. There's always something new to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wouldn't have recognized Dan if you hadn't said it was him... since he's not wearin' a dress!!!
:^)
- Maryann