Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

Mess On Beach/Hummock Pond Opening


I went to Cisco Beach to check out the Hummock Pond opening this afternoon and was shocked and dismayed at what I discovered out there. Hundreds of coir bags from the man made bluff project at Sankaty that collapsed last week were littering the beach as far as the eye could see in both directions. I can only imagine the hundreds of bags that are on the bottom of the ocean waiting to be snagged by commercial bass fishermen. How many boats will be in danger of these bags getting wound up in their wheels (props)? Here are a couple more pictures of the coir bags littering the beach-



After going through the obstacle course of coir bags on the beach, I finally made it to the opening of Hummock Pond-


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's what a coir bag looks like. I SAW SOME AT THE NEWLY TRUNCATED SMITH'S POINT THIS WEEKEND. Next time I'm on the Vineyard I'll take a close look at Wasque Point on the southeast corner of Chappaquiddick...we'll see if it makes it all the way over there!