Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Featured Boat- SanJuan 48

I met up with Captain Kirby Jones at the waterfront yesterday. One of his clients owns a SanJuan 48 FB (flybridge). Captain Kirby invited me aboard and gave me the grand tour. Thanks, Kirby!

I was very impressed with this boat. She's big and heavy. No expense was spared in building her. She felt good and solid underfoot. Here are a few pictures I grabbed from my tour.

Captain Kirby up in the flybridge-


Flybridge steering station-


Inside the main cabin looking out through glass to the stern-


Her expansive bow as seen from her flybridge-


The compartment where her inflatable dingy is stored under the deck in the stern-


A shot looking inside the main cabin area-


The hatch to her holy place-


Of course I crawled around in her holy place for a bit-



Inside steering station-


Her electronics package-


No comments: