I was waiting for the temperature to make it to 28 degrees this morning so I could go out scalloping. The temp never made it to 28. while I was waiting down at the dock, David Glidden of Glidden's Seafood approached me with a letter. I asked his permission to post the letter here on my blog. He allowed me to post it.
Below is the letter. Click on the letter to enlarge.
What do you think? If we lose a day due to the cold, should we be allowed to fish on Saturday to make up that lost day? I think this is a good idea. Years ago we were allowed to fish on Saturdays. There are still a lot of scallops in the harbor waiting to be harvested. There is only one month left of the commercial bay scallop season left. If we don't catch the scallops now, they will die. Please leave a comment in the comment section of the blog or take the poll to the right in the sidebar. Thanks.