Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Turmoil Departs/Toscana's New Tug Arrives


The Turmoil departed Straight Wharf early this morning. I asked one of the crew members what her next ports of call are. He told me today they are going over to Martha's Vineyard and from there, Newport, RI. Figawi is this weekend. I'm not a fan of rag boats so I really have no interest in the race. I will go down to the docks and see what kind of motorboats come here along with the sailboats.

Click HERE for info on the Turmoil


And HERE



During the overnight, Toscana's new tug and barge arrived at Steamboat Wharf with a load of gravel. The tug is named Bucky.


Here's a 26' General Marine boat owned by a local guy. He bass fishes most every early morning at Brant Point and First Point. I was once thinking of getting a General Marine. Seems like the perfect boat for the waters around Nantucket. I went up to their factory where they make them in Biddeford, Maine a long time ago.


Look for a new homepage picture featured every week or so. For the first picture, I chose the Ruthie B. I took that picture last winter during one of the rare times that it snowed.

No comments: